The Recreation Club is located in the Community Centre (previously also known as the Waterfront Building) and provides:
- A gymnasium containing a range of cardiovascular and weight training equipment;
- An indoor swimming pool 20 metres by 5 metres which is also available for specialised swimming lessons and hydrotherapy;
- An indoor spa and sauna;
- Fitness assessment and weight/cardiovascular programmes.
The refurbishment and upgrade of the Recreation Club in 2015 saw:
- Change rooms, showers and toilets gutted and replaced,
- Cardio and Strength areas remodelled with new flooring and all new equipment,
- Sauna completely rebuilt,
- Massage and treatment rooms remodelled,
- Direct access from the Recreation Club created to the new Community Meeting and Activity Room for scheduled group activities,
- The northern wall of the swimming pool room relocated to the front of the building to facilitate improved temperature and humidity control as well as an expanded pool deck on both sides of the pool for parents to watch children swim. While a larger pool would have been welcomed, expert advice is that it is not feasible to change the size the existing swimming pool.
- Reception has been relocated for greater efficiency, and
- Key card access doors installed for improved management and security.
Residents gain access to the Recreation Club by using a Sanctuary Lakes Resort key card. This card is needed to open the automatic doors to each of the Gym and Pool areas. Residents can obtain their Sanctuary Lakes Resort key cards from the SLRS Administration office in the Community Centre during office hours, by providing proof of identity (owners) or a current tenancy agreement and proof of identity (tenants). Please note there is a charge of $25.00 for each replacement card, including those lost or stolen.
A qualified personal trainer is on duty in the gymnasium and can provide advice on fitness programmes and use of equipment. Details of swimming lessons and hydrotherapy activities are available from the recreation club –
phone 9394 9430.
Swimming Lessons are conducted in the pool during school terms between 4.00 pm and 7.30 pm in the evening Monday to Friday and between 8.00 am and 12 noon on Saturdays. These are busy times in the pool. Swimming lessons for residents take priority in lane usage.
Residents gain access free of charge to the Recreation Club by using a Sanctuary Lakes Resort key card. This new card is needed to open the automatic doors to each of the Gym and Pool areas. Residents can obtain their Sanctuary Lakes Resort key cards from the SLRS Administration office in the Community Centre during office hours, by providing proof of identity (owners) or a current tenancy agreement and proof of identity (tenants). Charges apply for tuition and programmes from the trainers.
The recreation club is open:
Monday to Friday: 6.00 am to 9.00 pm
The pool closes at 8.45 pm
Saturday, Sunday, public holidays: 8.00 am to 6.00 pm
The pool closes at 5.45 pm
Group Class Timetable - Term 3, 2017
For more details, contact the Reaction Club on 9394 9430.
Please see below for the start dates for Term 3 lessons.
We are taking bookings now so don't miss out on a spot.
Monday 18 April - Saturday 1 July (11 weeks)
New Preschool and Toddler swimming lessons are available from 6 months up on Thursday mornings.
Expressions of interest - Mums and Bubs - We are looking to add some extra pre-school lessons to Monday mornings. Please contact us via phone or email to get onto the waiting list.