Town Hall-Style Meetings
On 30th August 2016, the Directors and CEO of SLRS met with 80 lot owners in our fourth old fashioned Town Hall-style meeting at the Sanctuary Lakes Clubhouse.
A short slide presentation outlining issues that the Board is addressing and items for consideration set the base for questions that followed. Feedback generally was that the meeting was well received by most attendees While much work has been done since Transition to control by owners, there are still many key points to address.
Key points of the presentation were:
- need to review and improve communications;
- proposed townhouse development;
- security services expectations;
- update on Sanctuary Lakes as a suburb; and
- the lake
For a copy of the 2016 presentationclick here
On 5th September 2016, the same 2016 presentation was made in Mandarin to a Chinese audience. The two Mandarin-speaking SLRS staff members did a great job translating questions and answers so that a wide range of topics about Sanctuary Lakes operations was covered.
For a copy of the 2016 presentation in Chinese click here
On 31 August 2015, the Directors and General Manager of SLRS met with 85 interested lot owners in an old fashioned Town Hall-style meeting at the Sanctuary Lakes Clubhouse. This was the third year that such a meeting has been held.
SLRS has two roles:
- Management of the 44 owners corporations that currently make up Sanctuary Lakes Resort; and
- Management of the Sanctuary Lakes Resort facilities including the parks and gardens, lake, community centre, security and administrative functions.
The first role is carried out under the requirements of the Owners Corporations Act 2006 largely through the processes required in the Act including the Annual General Meeting of each owners corporation. These formal meetings are held in each owners corporation during August and September each year.
The Town Hall-style meeting is much less formal and included a presentation by directors and the General Manager on the management of facilities. Following the presentation, those present had an opportunity to ask questions about the operations of Sanctuary Lakes Resort.
The presentation included the following topics:
- A report on the year just ended, particularly outlining significant issues addressed in the 2014-15 year;
- The summary of the budget and fees for the 2015/16 financial year;
- A summary of the plans for the 2015/16 year, especially the consolidation of initiatives undertaken in 2014/15 where further work is needed;
- Initiatives with the City of Wyndham and State Government.
For a copy of the 2015 presentation click here
The directors and general manager answered questions from the floor over a wide range of topics.
For a copy of the same 2015 presentation in Chinese, click here
On 22 July 2014, the Directors and General Manager of SLRS met with interested lot owners in a similar meeting format.
For a copy of the 2014 presentation, click here
The first such Town Hall-style meeting was held on 22 July 2013 when the Directors of SLRS met with 140 interested lot owners. The recently-appointed directors were introduced to lot owners and a presentation was made to explain the role of SLRS. In particular, the following issues were addressed:
- Brief history of the Sanctuary Lakes site
- Structure of SLRS and the Vision Statement
- Business model along with legal roles and responsibilities
- Who does what, - also recognising the roles of Golf Club, the Developer (both previous and current roles) and Wyndham City Council
- Major SLRS initiatives, community role and 2013-2014 priorities
Following the presentation, questions on the many aspects of the Resort were asked by lot owners and answers were provided. This exchange of information will replace the general briefings previously provided at the AGM of each owners corporation. The OC AGMs will now focus solely on OC matters.